Logistics Center SupervisorFreelance
For more than 25 years, Asurion has been a leader in innovation, not only in the tech solutions industry, but in creating a culture where employees feel valued.
We help people do more with their technology and stay connected on all of their devices. We provide our customers with simple, helpful advice to get the most from their technology, assistance to fix any technology issues they have and protection of their devices to ensure they quickly get a replacement or repair if anything does go wrong.
What you will be doing
The Technology Logistics Center (TLC) Supervisor is responsible for organizing and directing the daily activities of the TLC Operation. The main responsibility of a TLC Supervisor is to manage, develop and guide operational employees to ensure their ability to provide outstanding results and execute tasks effectively. Supervisors will also be accountable for ensuring employees are meeting quality standards as they relate to the operational work standards and calculating performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate Staffing Levels to ensure that safety, quality and production plans are met.
- Ensure training is complete for new and existing employees to process updates and changes.
- Review and Evaluate teams daily to ensure processes and accountability measures are in place.
- Conduct monthly 1×1 discussions/performance reviews with employees to ensure they understand current and future targets.
- Collaborate with your team and peers on continuous improvement activities and efforts across the department and ensure that continuous improvement is being conducted.
- Exposure/Experience with Lean Concepts (PDCA, Kaizen, Point Kaizen, MDI and Root Cause Analysis).
- Review Operational Work Instructions to make sure that your department is compliant.
- Lead team meetings to provide information about daily targets, process and procedure updates, company news and any additional information that is pertinent for employees to complete their job.
- Meet or Exceed inventory accuracy metrics for your department.
- Promote and Adhere to Asurion Core Values daily for self and team.
- Promote and Adhere to the Employee Handbook daily for self and team.
- Compile reports regarding your department’s activities to ensure that your daily plan matches what is needed.
- Ensure daily targets to internal and external customers are met daily.
- Ensure request from Global/Local HR request are completed on time (compliance courses, workday and etc).
- Ensure Payroll systems are accurate and updated daily.
- Ensure internal departmental databases are updated daily.
- Coach, mentor and develop employees to meet Asurion’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishments.
- Work with COEs to recruit, interview, select and hire employees into functional area.
- Provides oversight and direction to the employees in the functional area in accordance with the Asurion’s policies and procedures.
- OTHER FUNCTIONS. Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and apply problem solving techniques in day to day activities.
- High energy level, detail oriented, exhibit a sense of urgency and initiative to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work with a well diverse teams.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to multi-task within a fast paced environment.
- Respect core values of Asurion and comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- 4 year degree or equivalent leadership experience.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems.
- Warehouse/Manufacturing Experience.
- Physical demands: Bending, sitting, lifting, and standing based on the need of the business. Standing and/or sitting for extended and long periods of time, up to 100% of shift or over time.
- Work environment:
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Vocal communications is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and/or to communicate with customers and/or clients. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and in environment with loud machinery.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals, and such matters as demands for overtime or shift work. Exposure to various materials including cardboard, various metals and plastics. Exposure to moving equipment and objects in the immediate work area such as automated machinery, fulfillment line, heavily laden carts, and forklifts. Exposure to tools or material with sharp edges which may involve the risk of injury.
We take care of you (benefits/perks):
- Competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off
- Continuing education support
- Ongoing training to grow your skills
Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Every day our 19,500 experts help nearly 300 million people around the world solve the most common and uncommon tech issues. We’re just a call, tap, click or visit away for everything from getting a same-day replacement of your smartphone, to helping you stream or connect with no buffering, bumps or bewilderment. We think you should stay connected and get the most from the tech you love… no matter the type of tech or where you purchased it.